Hello! Welcome to 2012! Obviously I did not intend on taking a nearly two-month long vacation from the blogosphere, but December and the holidays turned out to be busier than I thought. I hope that all of you had a peaceful (and successful, if you are a fellow Etsian like myself) holiday season!
With the beginning of every new year, I like to follow the trend of setting some goals and coming up with a resolution or two. This year I read an article about the 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge. 1001 days is three years, so coming up with 101 goals in 3 years gives you the time and opportunity to do some serious long-term thinking and planning.
|2012 Weekly Planner PDF by milas on Etsy|
I then stumbled upon the awesome website, Day Zero, and decided to set up my very own 101 things list. You can see my list here. I still haven’t thought of all 101 things, I could only get about 80, so I have some room to grow. I tried to come up with a mix of fun things I’ve always wanted to do and serious goals I need to do, along with a few things that I’d love to happen but don’t know if they are possible (like weigh 140 pounds…ha…ha….).
I welcome you to create a Day Zero list with me to motivate yourself to meet your goals for the next three years.
Here are a few of the items on my list, many of them pertaining to Lazy Owl Boutique. They say you should make your goals quanitifiable and specific, so you can see I chose a specific number for many of them.
– Learn how to sew
– Cook a meal in the crock pot (I’ve told you I like never…cook)
– Paint every room in the house (ouch)
– Go to the beach (yay!)
– Learn Italian
– Go to Italy (TBD in a later post!)
– Cook 10 recipes from Pinterest
– Make 150 sales on Etsy (hopefully over the next 3 years, this will be possible, so far I’m at 10 out of 150)
– Write 50 blog entries! Here we go!
– Sell at 5 craft shows (hopefully more)
– Make 30 things from Pinterest
– Read 75 books
– Eat at every Pappa’s restaurant (it’s a Houston thing)
– Make an ottoman/bench out of our old coffee table
– Eat on our wedding china at least twice (since we’ve never eaten on it at all)
– Bake 10 different types of cupcakes, yay!
– Be on the frontpage of Etsy 5 times (I’ve managed to get on it once this year already!)
So, now you can follow along with me as I try to complete this goals over the next 1001 days. Let me know if you decide to make your own list, and we can share. I need more ideas for goals!