I was inspired by this post to reflect on the year 2012 and what I’ve accomplished. I agree that it’s all too easy to think back on the year and focus on all the things left undone, all those goals I didn’t reach or things I didn’t achieve. Sure, we can always do better, but that’s what planning for 2013 is for right? Let’s take some time to focus on all the things we did achieve this year.
2012 was a year of slow but steady growth for me:
- Reached and surpassed 100 fans on facebook
- Surpassed my goal of having more than 100 Etsy sales in 2012, I actually had 240+ sales this year (and it ain’t over yet!)
- Became a part of a local store in Houston, Roundtable Goods, and networked with lots of amazing local artists
- Revamped my new website and began writing a little bit more regularly
- Participated in several shows, including my first wedding show
- Finally put up a few of my “backburner” or “dream” products up for sale in the shop, like a yarn wreath and mixed media necklaces
- Quit my day job and switched to a new part-time teaching job to have more time to spend on my own business!
It’s important to boost yourself up with positive thinking every now and then (or all the time really, haha). Take some time to reflect on the year and all the great things you accomplished. Feel free to use the printable worksheet below.
- Year End Reflections (runninghutch.com)
- Reflection Rocks (ohmyhandmade.com)
- Inspiration Station: Your Ideal Work Day (lazyowlboutique.com)
Wow, you’ve had a big year, Janet! You’ve accomplished a lot! I’m especially impressed by how many sales you’ve made and of course, Roundtable Goods! 🙂 To even more success in the new year!
Pingback: Planning for Positivity in 2013 « The Lazy Owl
Pingback: 2013: A Year in Review | The Lazy Owl